Stories We Could Tell Large Print (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 2005
- Publisher: AudioGO Limited
- ISBN: 9781405612906
- Category: Large Print Books Fiction Romance
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price:
- Author Biography: Tony Parsons began his career as a writer on NME, interviewing everyone from The Sex Pistols, Blondie and The Clash to the Rolling Stones, Bowie and Springsteen. His novel Man and Boy is a publishing phenomenon, selling two million copies in 36 countries and winning the UK Book of the Year prize. His subsequent novels -- One for My Baby, Man and Wife and The Family Way were all number one bestsellers.The film rights to The Family Way have been sold to Julia Roberts. Tony Parsons lives in London.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 240x165
- Product Weight: 744gm
A book about growing up and being young, about sex and love and rock and roll, about the dreams of youth colliding head-on with the grown-up world. Sometimes you can grow up in just one night! It is 16th August 1977 -- the day that Elvis dies -- and Terry is back from Berlin, basking in the light of his friendship with legendary rock star Dag Wood. But when Dag arrives in London he sets his sights on a mysterious young photographer called Misty, the girl that Terry loves. Will the love of Terry's life survive this hot summer's night? Ray is the only writer on the inky music weekly The Paper who refuses to cut his hair and stop wearing flares. On the eve of being sacked, Ray finds comfort in the arms of an older woman called Mrs Brown. But John Lennon is in town for just one night and Ray believes that if he can interview the reclusive Beatle, he can save his job. Can John Lennon and the love of an older woman really save a young man's soul? Leon is on the run from a gang called the Dagenham Dogs who have taken exception to one of his bitchy reviews. Hiding out in a disco called The Goldmine, Leon meets Ruby -- the dancing queen of his dreams.But will true love or the Dagenham Dogs find Leon before the night is over? Tony Parsons goes back to his roots for this deeply personal book -- the story he has been waiting to tell.
Other books by Tony Parsons
Other categories worth exploring
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!