The Perfect Stranger (large print)
P. J. Kavanagh
- Format: Largeprint - Paperback
- Released: 30 July 2015
- Publisher: Large Print Bookshop
- ISBN: 9781871510607
- Category: Large Print Books Non-fiction Biographies
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price: £14.99
- Author Biography: Patrick Joseph Kavanagh was born in 1931 and is a poet, lecturer, actor, broadcaster and columnist. His father was the scriptwriter, Ted Kavanagh, of Itís That Man Again.
While studying at Merton College Oxford, and starting to write poetry, he met and later married Sally Phillips, the daughter of novelist Rosamund Lehmann. She died of poliomyelitis while they were living in Java, where he was teaching for the British Council. His memoir about their relationship, The Perfect Stranger, won the Richard Hillary Memorial Prize.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 229x152
- Number Of Pages: 252
- Product Weight: 375gm
- Publisher Statement: large type edition
To take a look inside the book click the image below
The early years of poet P.J. Kavanagh’s life – which took him from a Butlin’s Holiday Camp to Switzerland and Paris, to a battlefield in Korea, to Oxford and Barcelona, and finally to Java – made little sense to him, until ‘something extraordinary happened’: his meeting with Sally, ‘the perfect stranger’.
This tender, funny and quite unsentimental record of the uniqueness of human love is as much a celebration of joy – despite its abrupt and shocking conclusion – as it is a poet’s tribute of thanks.If you would like this book in hardback for the same price please click here
Other books by P. J. Kavanagh
Other categories worth exploring
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!