I'll Go To Bed At Noon (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 2005
- Publisher: AudioGO Limited
- ISBN: 9781405610872
- Category: Large Print Books Fiction General & literary
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price:
- Author Biography: Gerard Woodward was born in London in 1961. After studying painting and anthropology, he published three prize-winning collections of poetry: Householder, After the Deafening and Island to Island. His first novel August, was shortlisted for the Whitbread First Novel Award. He lives in Manchester.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 240x165
- Product Weight: 1,000gm
It is 1970 in the suburbs of north London and, from the untidy comfort of her crowded house, Colette Jones is watching her older brother go to pieces, drinking himself into oblivion on home-made wine. Colette knows the solace a drink can provide, being partial to an evening at the Red Lion herself. But soon she finds she cannot afford to ignore the destructive effect the alcohol is having on her family and with gritted teeth Colette is forced to exile the alcoholic son she loves so much from the house. But this act takes its toll and, just as she can't resist a drink, so she can't resist allowing Janus back into her life - with heartbreaking consequences for everyone. Gerard Woodward's magnificent second novel continues the story of the Joneses, so memorably introduced in "August". By way of an odyssey through the pubs, parks and shopping parades of suburban London, it lurches from farce to tragedy as the members of one unforgettable family build and destroy their lives.
Other books by Gerard Woodward
Other categories worth exploring
Want to find similar books? Check out these other categories:
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!