The Icarus Girl (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 2005
- Publisher: AudioGO Limited
- ISBN: 9781405610988
- Category: Large Print Books Fiction Horror & ghost stories
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price: £17.99
- Author Biography: Helen Oyeyemi was born in Nigeria in 1984 and moved to London when she was four. She wrote The Icarus Girl while she was still at school, studying for her A levels, and is now a student of Social and Political Sciences at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 240x165
- Product Weight: 722gm
Jessamy Harrison is eight years old. Sensitive, whimsical, possessed of a powerful imagination, she spends hours writing, reading or simply hiding in the dark warmth of the airing cupboard. As the half-and-half child of an English father and a Nigerian mother, Jess just can't shake off the feeling of being alone wherever she goes, and other kids are wary of her terrified fits of screaming. When she is taken to her mother's family compound in Nigeria, she encounters Titiola, a ragged little girl her own age. It seems that, at last, Jess has found someone who will understand her. TillyTilly knows secrets both big and small. But as she shows Jess just how easy it is to hurt those around her, Jess begins to realise that she doesn't know who TillyTilly is at all.
Other books by Helen Oyeyemi
Other categories worth exploring
Want to find similar books? Check out these other categories:
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!