Hard Revolution (large print)
George P. Pelecanos
- Format: Largeprint - paperback
- Released: 2005
- Publisher: AudioGO Limited
- ISBN: 9781405620000
- Category: Large Print Books Fiction Crime & mystery
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price:
- Author Biography: George Pelecanos is a screenwriter, independent film producer, award-winning journalist, and the author of a bestselling series of novels set in and around Washington DC, where he lives with his wife and children.
- Format(inches): 8x5
- Format(mm): 215x140
- Product Weight: 557gm
It's the spring of 1968, the sun shines down on an America on the brink of civil war. Martin Luther King preaches in vain for non-violent protest and the ghettos of Washington DC seethe with anger. In the middle of this powder-keg is thrust a young black cop, barely out of school himself. Derek Strange believes passionately that he can make a difference, but his friends and family think he's a traitor and a patsy of the white establishment. On April 4th, 1968, Dr King is assassinated on the balcony of his motel in Memphis, Tennessee. And black America rises as one to condemn the slaying of their hero. For one week, it seems that the whole country will fall. And Derek, his brother, his father, his mother and his whole community find themselves at the heart of a battle for the heart and soul of the new world.
Other books by George P. Pelecanos
Other categories worth exploring
Want to find similar books? Check out these other categories:
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!