Short stories ‘C’ Book Titles
Short stories large print book titles (Array book titles)
- Cabbages and Kings (Large Print)
- Cats: An Anthology of Stories and Poems
Edited by Mark Bryant
- Collected Works 2 Neglible Tales; The Parenticide Club; The Fourth Estate; The Ocean Wave; On with the Dance; Epigrams (Large Print)
- Contrivances (Large Print 16pt)
- Creatures That Once Were Men
- Cupboard Kisses (Large Print Edition)
6 Short stories Large print books available
1. Collected Works 2 Neglible Tales; The Parenticide Club; The Fourth Estate; The Ocean Wave; On with the Dance; Epigrams (Large Print) - Ambrose Bierce
Largeprint (Paperback) Our price: £15.90 - Click book title for availability and further details
This large print title is set in Tieras 16pt font as reccomended by the RNIB.
2. Creatures That Once Were Men - Maxim Gorky
Largeprint (Paperback / softback) Our price: £14.50 - Click book title for availability and further details
3. Contrivances (Large Print 16pt) - David Balzer
Largeprint (Paperback) Our price: £19.99 - Click book title for availability and further details
This debut collection of stories - featuring a talk - show host and her talking hand, a women's activity group that writes to prisoners, and a poncho - making nudist - is as unique as it is compelling. Set in their own melodramatic worlds, the stories take inspiration from Old Hollywood, Gothic novels, art - world gossip, and maybe a Lifetime movie or two. Balzer's observations are as sharp as Flaubert's, and his characters are drawn with the complexity of George Saunders (and the wit of George Sanders). Beautifully illustrated throughout, Contrivances proves that tragedy is comedy when you play with it long enough.
4. Cupboard Kisses (Large Print Edition) - Barbara Metzger
Largeprint (Paperback) Our price: £16.50 - Click book title for availability and further details
20pt Large Print Edition! Well-bred orphan Cristabel Swann tolerates her thankless teaching job -- until her uncle dies unexpectedly. Arriving in London to claim her inheritance, Cristabel encounters something else entirely -- a loutish naval captain who won all of the old man's property in an evening's gambling, leaving his niece nothing but debt! To his credit, Captain Chase recognizes her desperation and offers her a position as landlady of a "boarding house" in Kensington. Cristabel is happy with her new situation and with the female tenants of the house. They are exceedingly well dressed for working-class girls and have many admirers. Cristabel soon has a beau of her own -- the dashing Lord Winstoke, who seems just a tad familiar, both in appearance and in attitude. Of course, Cristabel maintains propriety in every situation. But she cannot understand why the men she meets are so forward. Could it be the company she keeps? CUPBOARD KISSES won Romantic Times magazine's Reviewer's Choice Award and the Best Regency Comedy award.
5. Cats: An Anthology of Stories and Poems - Edited by Mark Bryant
Largeprint (paperback) Our price: £19.50 - Click book title for availability and further details
A wonderful selection of writing on cats: from Aesop and Oscar Wilde to ancient Egypt and twentieth-century New York. The perfect collection for cat lovers everywhere!
6. Cabbages and Kings (Large Print) - O Henry
Largeprint (Paperback) Our price: £14.90 - Click book title for availability and further details
This classic large print title is printed in 16 point Tiresias font as recommended by the Royal National Institute for the Blind.
Displaying 1-6 of 6 Result Pages: