100 Favourite Scottish Poems (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 1 October 2006
- Publisher: Luath Press Ltd
- ISBN: 9781905222629
- Category: Large Print Books Non-fiction Language & literature
- Availability: Usually delivered within 7-10 working days.
- Our Price: £14.99
- Author Biography: Stewart Conn was born in Glasgow in 1936, brought up in Kilmarnock, and now lives in Edinburgh. Married with two sons, he is a renowned poet, Honorary President of the Shore Poets, was the first recipient of the Institute of Contemporary Scotland's 'Iain Crichton Smith Award' for services to literature, and was Edinburgh's inaugural Makar.
- Format(inches): 8x5
- Format(mm): 210x135
- Number Of Pages: 192
- Publisher Statement: Large type edition
"100 Scottish Poems" brings together the best and best-loved of Scottish poetry. From anonymous medieval ballads to the renowned work of Sir Walter Scott and Edwin Morgan, the cream of the nation's poetry - from the Borders to Shetland - is represented in this carefully chosen anthology. "100 Scottish Poems" includes the Top 20 of the nation's favourite poetic pieces, chosen by BBC Scotland listeners in a recent web poll. Scotland's most famous poets are represented - Robert Burns, Hugh MacDiarmid, Sorley MacLean, Muriel Spark, Iain Crichton Smith, Liz Lochhead, plus many more.
Other books by
Other categories worth exploring
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!