You are in:
Ancient and Modern: Hymns and Songs for Refreshing Worship (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 10 April 2013
- Publisher: Canterbury Press Norwich
- ISBN: 9781848252448
- Category: Large Print Books Non-fiction History, philosophy & religion
- Availability: Usually delivered within 7-10 working days.
- Our Price: £31.20
- Author Biography: Head of Publishing, Royal School of Church Music (RSCM). Anne Harrison has edited the Royal School of Church Music's Sunday by Sunday liturgy planner for ten years and is also on the editorial team for Praxis News of Worship. John Barnard is a composer, arranger, choir-director and organist. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Organists and has written a number of popular hymn tunes. Gordon Giles is Vicar of St Mary Magdalene, Enfield, and Director of Post-Ordination Training for the Edmonton Episcopal Area of the Diocese of London. Previously Succentor of St Paul's Cathedral he has published many articles and books on hymnody and church music.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 240x160
- Number Of Pages: 896
- Product Weight: 771gm
- Publisher Statement: Large Print Words ed
The world's most famous hymn book has undergone a complete revision and now offers the broadest ever range of traditional hymns and the best from today's composers and hymn/song writers. 150 years since its first publication and after sales of 170 million copies, this brand new edition contains over 840 items, ranging from the Psalms to John Bell, Bernadette Farrell and Stuart Townend. The guiding principles behind this collection are: * congregational singability * biblical and theological richness * musical excellence * liturgical versatility * relevance to today's worship styles and to today's concerns New features include added provision for all the seasons of the Church year, new items for carol services and other popular occasions where the repertoire is in need of refreshing, more choices for all-age worship, fresh translations of some ancient hymnody, beautiful new tunes, short songs and chants - alleluias, kyries, blessings etc. and music from the world church. A full range of indexes (including biblical and thematic) and a helpful guide to choosing hymns for every occasion will help to make Ancient&Modern the premier hymn collection of choice.This is the Large Print Words edition.
Other books by
Other categories worth exploring
Want to find similar books? Check out these other categories:
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!