A Man Called Ove (large print)
- Format: Largeprint - Hardback
- Released: 25 June 2015
- Publisher: Large Print Bookshop
- ISBN: 9781871510553
- Category: Large Print Books Fiction General & literary
- Availability: In Stock (usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)
- Our Price: £29.99
- Author Biography: Frederik Backman is a Swedish blogger, columnist and author. His debut novel The Man Called Ove has been a number one bestseller across Scandinavia where it has sold over half a million copies.
Frederik’s second novel, My grandmother sends her regards and apologies also went straight to number one in Sweden on publication in 2014.
- Format(inches): 9x6
- Format(mm): 229x152
- Number Of Pages: 370
- Product Weight: 712gm
- Publisher Statement: large type edition
To take a look inside the book click the image below
At first sight, Ove is almost certainly the grumpiest man you will ever meet. He thinks himself surrounded by idiots - neighbours who can't reverse a trailer properly, joggers, shop assistants who talk in code, and the perpetrators of the vicious coup d'etat that ousted him as Chairman of the Residents' Association. He will persist in making his daily inspection rounds of the local streets.
But isn't it rare, these days, to find such old-fashioned clarity of belief and deed? Such unswerving conviction about what the world should be, and a lifelong dedication to making it just so? In the end, you will see, there is something about Ove that is quite irresistible...
The word-of-mouth bestseller causing a sensation across Europe, Fredrik Backman's heartwarming debut is a funny, moving, uplifting tale of love and community that will leave you with a spring in your step - and less ready to judge on first impressions a man you might one day wish to have as your dearest friend.
Other books by Fredrik Backman
Other categories worth exploring
Want to find similar books? Check out these other categories:
You may wish to read our delivery charge and refund policies.
Not ready to buy just yet? Bookmark this page and come back any time you want!